This was a time of protection of the wool trade. Woolly caps were compulsory, Sir John Talbot of Albrighton takes over the patronage of Worfield in 1549 and moves into Lower Hall. There was at one time a wonderful stone lion, thought to have been medieval but may have been from Tudor times, which was in the Churchyard. Sadly it was stolen in the 1990s but where is it and does anyone have a photograph
This item has been licensed for reuse under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Creative Commons Licence.